- The House Of Suntory Introduces Roku Gin And Haku Vodka October 15, 2018Created from Japanese ingredients by the master artisans at the House of Suntory, the Founding House of Japanese Whisky, Roku Gin and Haku Vodka represent the nature and spirit of Japan. These premium spirits embody Suntory founder Shinjiro Torii's philosophy of monozukuri craftsmanship: a relentless pursuit of perfection, meticulous attention to detail […]
- How the global tequila boom could go bust October 14, 2018It takes about seven years to grow a blue agave plant, the spirit's prized ingredient. Once mature, tequila makers have to extract the "pina," or heart, so it can be heated, crushed, fermented, distilled and finally bottled and sold by your local mixologist as part of a trendy cocktail.
- GIHOC Distilleries outdoors new product 'Apet Dry Gin' to mark 60th anniversary October 14, 2018GIHOC Distilleries, one of Ghana's leading companies in the alcoholic distilling industry, has added to its long list of well acclaimed products, the APET DRY GIN. At a grand ceremony held at the company's North Industrial Area premises to Commemorate its 60th anniversary, the company led by the Managing Director, Mr. Maxwel Kofi Jumah, unveiled it […]
- How the tequila boom could go bust October 14, 2018An employee arranges a bottle of Constellation Brands Inc. Casa Noble tequila inside a store in Walnut Creek, Calif., on Jan. 3, 2018. An employee arranges a bottle of Constellation Brands Inc. Casa Noble tequila inside a store in Walnut Creek, Calif., on Jan. 3, 2018.
- Two Drink Maximum - A Drinkable Feast October 14, 2018History: the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, ratified in 1919, prohibited the production, transport and sale of intoxicating liquors. In response, key figures of the artistic community of the US - James Joyce, Earnest Hemingway, Ezra Pound, Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein, and Josephine Baker moved to Paris.
- Johnnie Walker plans `experiential' Madrid store to push scotch October 14, 2018Diageo Plc's flagship Scotch whisky label is set to open a retail store in the center of Madrid to offer classes, tastings and a "deep dive into the flavors." Johnnie Walker's first "experiential store" will include interactive areas and a personalization station, all centered on whisky, the company announced in a statement Wedn […]
- Belgrove Distillery claims golden prize in Whisky Bible October 14, 2018The distillery is located at Kempton and prides itself on being sustainable, using a copper still made by Bignell that is run on biofuel sourced from used cooking oil from the roadhouse adjacent to the farm. Distiller Peter Bignell said Belgrove Distillery was a closed loop operation, the only significant material brought to the farm was waste cooking oil.
- Distillations: The young and the restless - and blockchain - at Blondie's Bar and No Grill October 13, 2018Most nights it's a music venue, but the stage is empty right now. A football game is on the big screen by the restrooms, and a Superman movie is on the small one near the entrance.
- Brew Dude: Oct. 13, 2018 October 13, 2018You can't talk about a bourbon barrel aged imperial stout, probably anywhere in the U.S. but especially in Chicago without mentioning Goose Island. They have been doing it the longest, and by most accounts the best since the mid-1990's.
- Blue agave crop to be burnt at sugar mill for power generation October 13, 2018A little patch of Mexico in the ground near Atherton, in Far North Queensland, is about to get much bigger. Blue agave - which is the base ingredient for tequila - is currently grown on a commercial scale in Mexico, but Queensland's MSF Sugar is aiming to become a world industry leader, with plans to plant 4,000 hectares of the succulent on the Atherton […]
- The House Of Suntory Introduces Roku Gin And Haku Vodka October 15, 2018