- Straight Up: Kentucky Bourbon December 15, 2018Did you know that there are very specific elements that qualify a whiskey as a "Bourbon"? Yes, a Kentucky Bourbon must be made from at least 51% corn mash, distilled at no higher than 160 proof, and it can't begin to be stored in the barrel until it has cooled to no higher than 120Ao. Fascinating, yes, but hardly compelling viewing.
- Ice cream company Brymor launches range of spirits December 15, 2018BASED Brymor of Masham is expanding its family of local produce with the launch of a range of spirits. Brymor of Masham gin, vodka and rum have all been created with botanicals and flavours to reflect the natural environment and to potentially compliment the firm's award-winning range of ice cream.
- True Texas distillery pours forth gift ideas for everyone on your list December 15, 2018The amount of time left to shop for the holidays is short, and your list is long. What to do? Knock it all out with one true Texas brand: Balcones Distilling .
- Bourbon keeps booming with two new planned distilleries December 14, 2018A corporate giant and a bourbon icon are both upping their games as the bourbon boom continues with no end in sight. A $130 million distillery will be built in Marion County to increase output of products, including Bulleit.
- One man's holiday wish list, 2018 December 14, 2018I know you didn't ask, but that's OK, I know you're looking for the perfect gift for me, so here is what's at the top of my holiday wish list this year. And, hey, if you know someone that loves music and wine and bourbon and books and being warm, I bet you can apply these ideas to that person, too.
- Warm Up With These Five Festive Hot Cocktails December 14, 2018Temperatures have fallen. Miamians are swapping skimpy swimsuits for fancy jackets and local establishments are offering warm layers of holiday cheer in a glass.
- Whiskey Gift Guide: 25 Best Bottles to Give This Year December 14, 2018It's simple: Whiskey makes for a great gift, whether you want to spend $25, $50, or more. And lucky for any whiskey drinker getting a bottle in their stocking this year, today's selection seems to just keep getting better.
- Royal whisky to feature in website ballot December 14, 2018Highly-collectable bottles of a single malt whisky from the cask of Prince Charles are to be made available to buy. A ballot for the opportunity to obtain one of 184 bottles of 1988 Royal Lochnagar will open at The Whisky Exchange website on December 31. The cask was a gift to the prince to mark the 140th anniversary of the first royal visit to Royal Lochnag […]
- Milk Street announces bourbon debut; Barrel auction to raise funds for veterans December 14, 2018Having enjoyed success creating several types of spirits over the past two years, Milk Street Distillery is venturing into the world of bourbon starting this weekend and giving its customers a chance to own a piece of history in the process. The distillery, which opened in Branchville in January 2017, will sell 93-proof War Penny Bourbon, the first bourbon m […]
- Ireland slashes peat power to lower emissions December 14, 2018In Ireland, peat-a carbon-rich soil harvested from drained bogs-has been used for centuries to warm homes and fire whiskey distilleries. For a country with little coal, oil, and gas, peat-deep layers of partially decayed moss and other plant matter-is also a ready fuel for power plants.
- Straight Up: Kentucky Bourbon December 15, 2018